As I’ve promised on 3 Fun Things I Do When I’m Bored ‘s post that I would post how I did my scrapbook with recycled paper where you don’t need to buy new papers and stuff, you only need old newspapers which are left out in your garage.
At first I didn’t mean to make a scrapbook at all, I even had no idea and didn’t know why that I actually made it eventually. I got a task from my Art teacher at school to make a recycled paper. I was really not into it at first because it wasn’t my thing at all (and still not, I guess because I’m a consumptive person eh?). But however I had to finish this work with my group.
I’m not gonna explain how to make recycled paper, because the needed stuff seems complicated and I’m pretty sure, 75% of people would rather buy recycled papers at Scrapbook Store instead of making it themselves. And here are things you need to make your own fancy scrapbook :
- Recycled Paper
- Glue (I used glue for wood because it sticks better than paper glue)
- Random Buttons
- Any other stuff you may think it’s cute for your scrapbook
HOW TO :
- Take the hard cover off of the book. It’s either the front or the back page.
- Glue the hard cover with recycled paper neatly.
- Pierce the covered hard cover holes with scissor/knife or anything you think it’s sharp to use.
- And your current scrapbook looks like mine so far
- Now, it’s time to spice up your masterpiece. I made “Okay? Okay” sign for my scrapbook’s back page. And I used ice cream sticks for short quotes, letters from magazine, buttons and lace that I got from my button’s case as bonus. Use your creativity to make the most fancy scrapbook evah!
These are things I need for front cover,
- The scrapbook is done, BUT it still doesn’t look like a scrapbook to me. Let’s make a cover for it. Use duplex carton for its cover, adjust the size with your own scrapbook.
- After that, cover the duplex carton with another carton or paper. It’s for the inside of scrapbook cover, so it won’t look messy. If you’ve finished covering the duplex carton, reverse the other side of duplex carton and cover it with recycled paper. If you’re running out of recycled paper, you can use carton/paper/fabric/etc.
- Back to your notebook, twine the notebook ring from the top to the bottom of notebook with scrapbook rope (I don’t know what it is called exactly but I found this rope in Scrapbook Store).
- Voila! It’s done! You can do anything you want with your scrapbook cover. And this is how my scrapbook looks like,